Friday, September 9, 2011

Killing AppleVNCServer with an...: Apple Support Communities

Killing AppleVNCServer with an...: Apple Support Communities: "habit of hanging every few days in between sessions. Sometimes if I'm lucky I can get in with logmein and kill the process, but logmein is really flaky from my connection at work for some reason so I can't rely on it. I want to set up a folder within Dropbox using folder actions that will run a script when I drop a file in it. I then want that script to kill the AppleVNCServer process.

I found this (http://macstuff.beachdogs.org/blog/?p=31) which looks like it should pretty much do what I want. I changed "Finder" in his example to "AppleVNCServer". It seems to identify the process ID (209), but won't kill it. I get the following message:
error "sh: line 0: kill: 65
209: arguments must be process or job IDs" number 1"

'via Blog this'

No comments: